05 June 2008

My McDonald's Shoot :: Behind The Scenes

Okay... So this is my first REAL post. I had hoped to have this blog up and running earlier so I could enthrall you with my first experiences using the RED camera on the set of my McDonald's commercial, and the subsequent post-production workflow, but best laid plans...

Anyway, I will work backwards in the coming weeks to discuss the process. No drama to speak of... the camera, cast, crew, and designers were all superb... although... I have to admit I was more than a little nervous to experiment with an unknown camera and an unknown workflow on such a high profile project. But, hey, I always say prepare as much as you can and go for it... that's what my Passion For Production is all about.

So... these are a few shots of us prepping the toys as we waited for the crew to return from lunch and the kids to arrive from make-up and wardrobe. Oh, and can I tell you I want this kitchen in my house!! What a great location... and we needed every inch of the great room for the opening & closing shots with the dolly... and I'm not sure you can tell, but we raised the table & kids on a platform about 18 inches off the floor and covered it with a huge oriental rug, so we could see more of the kitchen behind their heads. Just a little production magic.

More to come...